By Nafisat Arogundade, Osogbo
A Magistrate court sitting in Osogbo, Osun State on Tuesday sentenced a 34-year-old bricklayer, Oyedokun Tunde to 12 years imprisonment for raping a 13-year-old girl.
Oyedokun was first arraigned on June 25 2019 and he had pleaded not guilty to the offence.
The prosecutor, Abiodun Fagboyinbo told the court that the man committed the offence sometimes in April 2019 at Balogun street, Omigade Area, Osogbo.
Fagboyinbo said the victim got pregnant but lost the baby.
He said the offence committed by the convict was contrary to and punishable under Section 218 and 222 of Criminal Code, Cap 34, Vol ll, Law of Osun State, 2002.
Magistrate Modupe Awodele while delivery the judgement said evidence presented before the court by the prosecution was tenable and found the convict guilty as charged and sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria
- Just In: IBB’s Spokesman, Chief Duro Onabule, Is Dead
- Cultists Supremacy Tussle: Amotekun Arrests 15 Over Killings, Robbery In Ogun
- Boundaries Between Nigeria, Neighbours Artificial, Says Gambari
- Constitutional Amendment : Osun Assembly Approves financial Independence Of State Assemblies and Judiciary
News5 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News3 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands
News2 days ago
Man Electrocuted While Stealing Transformer Cables In Osogbo
News2 days ago
At Last, OSIEC Announces Date For Local Government Election