By Nafisat Arogundade, Osogbo
A Magistrate court sitting in Osogbo, Osun State on Tuesday sentenced a 34-year-old bricklayer, Oyedokun Tunde to 12 years imprisonment for raping a 13-year-old girl.
Oyedokun was first arraigned on June 25 2019 and he had pleaded not guilty to the offence.
The prosecutor, Abiodun Fagboyinbo told the court that the man committed the offence sometimes in April 2019 at Balogun street, Omigade Area, Osogbo.
Fagboyinbo said the victim got pregnant but lost the baby.
He said the offence committed by the convict was contrary to and punishable under Section 218 and 222 of Criminal Code, Cap 34, Vol ll, Law of Osun State, 2002.
Magistrate Modupe Awodele while delivery the judgement said evidence presented before the court by the prosecution was tenable and found the convict guilty as charged and sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment.
- Afenifere Supports Pan Yoruba Summit, Commends Organizers For Timely Initiatives
- Insecurity: Presidency Dragging Nigeria To Political Armageddon -ADAPHAI
- Afenifere Supports Akeredolu’s Ultimatum To Herdsmen, Blasts FG
- Osun Teachers Recruitment: Exercise Will Be Based On Merit – Education Commissioner
- Go For COVID-19 Test, Oyetola Orders Cabinet Members, Domestic Staff
News2 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News3 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News4 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News2 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons