By Nafisat Arogundade, Osogbo
A Magistrate’s court sitting in Osogbo, the Osun state capital on Tuesday , sentenced a man, Wakili Ganiyu, 22, to eight months imprisonment for stealing iron sheet value N80,000 from a church.
The police prosecutor, Inspector Olayiwola Rasaq had told the court that the accused person committed the offence on January 5, 2020 at about 9:30pm at Osunjela area.
Olayiwola further explained that the accused did unlawful steal iron sheet value at #80,000 property of Dream Center of the Life Oasis international church.
He told the court that the accused person conspired with one 17-year-old boy Azeez Ayomide to commit the crime while their accomplice is at large ,
The accused person was caught by one Godwin Adu, a night guard in charge of the church.
He said the offence committed contravened Section 516 and 390 Cap 34 Vol ll Law of Osun State 2002.
The accused person pleaded guilty to the allegations leveled against him.
Handling down his ruling, Presiding Magistrate, Mr Opeyemi Badmus convicted Gaiyu on self admittance and sentenced him to 8 months imprisonment without option of fine.
Magistrate Badmus thereafter transfered Ayomide’s case who is a minor to juvenile court.
- Osun Council Vice Chairman Distributes Gas Cylinders To Residents
- What Osun State PDP Chairman, Hon Soji Adagunodo , did Right and Wrong By Segun Ojo
- NNPP Commiserates with Combatant Pilot Arotile’s Family, Calls for Investigation
- ‘We’ll Miss You’- Buhari,Tinubu,Saraki, Others Write Emotional Tribute For Nigeria’s First-ever Female Combat Pilot
- Kidnapped Victim Killed, Body Hung On Tree After Paying N1m Ransom
News4 days ago
Gani Adams Under Fire For Attacking Tinubu
Crime5 days ago
Man, 35, Arrested For Killing Son With Cutlass
News5 days ago
Police Begin Recruitment Of Constables ( See The Requirements)
News3 days ago
Road Rehabilitation: Chief Whip, Olatunji, Ife North Residents Laud Oyetola, Says He’s A Blessing To Osun