The Ibadan Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested six suspected internet fraudsters.
This is contained in a statement issued by the commission’s acting spokesperson, Tony Orilade, and made available to newsmen on Tuesday in Ibadan.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the suspects, made up of five males and a female, were arrested on Monday at Oluyole and Alao-Akala Estate areas of the city.
Orilade said that one of the suspects was caught with a mini coffin containing fetish materials.
He said that the arrest followed weeks of piecing together tips on intelligence received on the suspects’ alleged involvement in internet fraud.
The EFCC spokesperson said that other items recovered from the suspects were four cars, sophisticated phones and an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card.(NAN)
- Osun LG Commissioner Hails Governor’s Wife On 60th Birthday
- COVID-19 As Shield Against Breach Of Contract: Force Majeure Or Frustration
- Alhaja Kafayat Oyetola: A Courageous Wife And An Ideal Mother – Ige
- Osun Chief Whip Congratulates Mrs Oyetola On Her 60th Birthday
- Breaking: Osun Govt Confirms Six New Cases Of Covid-19
News5 days ago
Oyetola Announces Total Lockdown Of Osun As State Records Second Cases Of Covid-19
News4 days ago
Read Osun Legal Framework For The Enforcements Of Restraints To Curb Spread Of Covid-19
News2 days ago
FG Warns Against Restriction Of Movement In Other States except Ogun, Lagos, FCT
News2 days ago
Lagos Coronavirus Survivor Breaks Silence: My Ordeal, How I Conquered