A 34 – year – old man , Fatai, on Thursday was arraigned in an Osogbo Chief Magistrates ’ Court for allegedly assaulting a police officer .
Fatai is facing three counts of assault , malicious damage and unlawful possession of cannabis sativa .
He , however , pleaded not guilty .
The Prosecutor , Sergeant Adewuyi Kolawole told the court that the accused committed the offences on June 25 at 9 p. m. Behind Stadium Omo – West, Osogbo .
Adewuyi said the defendant pushed the complainant , Assistant Superintendent of Police Femi Adeniyi into a gutter while he was performing his lawful duties .
He said the defendant was in possession of cannabis sativa and he also maliciously damaged a short riot gunner belonging to the officer.
According to the prosecutor , the offences contravened Sections 356 , 451 and 430 of the Criminal Law of Osun State , 2003 .
Defence Counsel, Mr Taiwo Awokunle urged the court to grant his client bail in the most liberal terms .
The Magistrate, Mrs A. O Oloyade granted the defendant bail in the sum of 250, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Oloyade said the sureties must reside within the court ’ s jurisdiction and swear to an affidavit of means.
She adjourned the case until July 29 .
- Incessant Comments On Herdsmen’s Untoward Acts: Group Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life
- Osun Security Summit: OPCI Flays Aladesewa Over Comments, Says OPC Is Jittery
- Dismissal Of Certificate Forgery Case:’Persecution Now Fully Exposed’-Senator Adeleke
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused Of Complicity
- The Village Square Interactive Session With ‘Tunde Olatunji