Men of the EFCC have arrested some suspected internet fraudsters in Edo state.
The suspects after arrest
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says it has arrested a cybercrime syndicate in Benin, the Edo State capital.
One of the suspects, Oseghale Collins was arrested alongside two others said to be siblings, Stephen and Fred Emefiele.
According to the commission, the syndicate specialises in business email compromise.
The lead suspect was said to have confessed to searching for his victim’s email addresses especially official business email addresses, creating a phishing link and compromising the process in order to defraud unsuspecting victims.
Some of the items recovered from the residence of the suspects include laptops, printer, internet modem, flash drive and a Mercedes Benz ml 350
- Let’s End Xenophobia With Arts And Music, Ex-Rep Member Tells African Leaders
- Baptist Church Celebrates 108th Anniversary in Grand Style
- Ondo Guber Poll: Leadership Expert Warns Against Vote Buying, Selling
- No Going Back On Nationwide Strike, Ondo NLC Chair
- Internet Fraud: 2 Yahoo Boys Jailed in Ibadan