Men of the EFCC have arrested some suspected internet fraudsters in Edo state.
The suspects after arrest
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says it has arrested a cybercrime syndicate in Benin, the Edo State capital.
One of the suspects, Oseghale Collins was arrested alongside two others said to be siblings, Stephen and Fred Emefiele.
According to the commission, the syndicate specialises in business email compromise.
The lead suspect was said to have confessed to searching for his victim’s email addresses especially official business email addresses, creating a phishing link and compromising the process in order to defraud unsuspecting victims.
Some of the items recovered from the residence of the suspects include laptops, printer, internet modem, flash drive and a Mercedes Benz ml 350
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Passerby
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh