By Arogundade Nafisat
A 48-old-man, Adeniyi Semiu, was on Tuesday arraigned before an Osun state Magistrate Court, sitting in Osogbo, the state capital, over alleged theft.
The accused person was arraigned on a two count-charge bothering on fraud and stealing a sum of N500,000 belonging to one Afolabi Muyideen.
Police Prosecutor, Sergeant Soyemi Bose, told the court that the accused committed the offence sometimes in the month of June, 2018 at Akede Iyaloja Estate, Osogbo.
The offence according to Proscutor was contrary to and punishable under the provision of Section 419(1) and 390(9) of the Criminal Code Cap34 Vol 1, Law of Osun State 2003.
But the accused person pleaded not guilty of the two count-charge slammed against him.
Counsel to the accused person, Mr Akintayo Jimoh urged the court to grant his client bail in most liberal term, promising that he will not jump bail, if granted.
The magistrate, O.O. Oladoke admitted the accused bail in sum if N200,000 with two sureties in the like sum.
He said one of the surety must be close relative to the accused person and must be resident within the court jurisdiction and must provide the court with tax clearance payment till date.
He thereby adjourned the matter till February 24, 2019 for mention.
- PS SUBEB, Kolawole Pays Courtesy Visist To Oranmiyan House, Says His Politics Is Simply Aregbesola
- Breaking: PDP Suspends Chairman on Allegation of Misappropriation of Funds
- Imbibe Reading Culture In Children–Osun First Lady Tells Parents
- National Theatre DG, Stella Oyedepo, Dies In Car Crash
- PDP Kicks Against Inclusion Of Justice Oyewole In Osun Appeal Panel