By Bridget Oluwasegun
An Osun state Magistrate court sitting in Osogbo, on Monday ordered the remand of a 27-year- old man Oluwatomisin Oyelakin for allegedly raping a 4- year-old girl.
Oyelakin, who is a school bus driver, allegedly rapped the girl inside the school bus while taking her back home from the school.
Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Temitope Fatoba, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Jan. 15 at about 4:00pm, within Osogbo Metropolis.
Fatoba said that the Oyelakin, a school bus driver in private primary school in Osogbo allegedly grabbed the little girl and forcefully had canal knowledge with her inside the school bus.
The offence according to police prosecutor contravened Sections 360 and 218 of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol.11, Laws of Osun,2003.
The plea of the accused was not taken by the court.
The Magistrate, however, ordered the suspect to be remanded in prison custody pending a formal bail application be filed on the next date of adjournment on Feb. 28 for ruling on bail.
- ‘leave Tinubu Out Of Your Woes, You Are Behind APC Travails In Ondo’ – Bola Ilori Tells Akeredolu
- Ajimobi Inaugurates Historic Joint Transition Committee, Preaches Against Politics Of Bitterness
- 60th Anniversary: BHS Old Students Call For Return Of Discipline In Secondary Schools
- Sofolahan Sets To Restructure Scouting Activities In Ondo State
- Five Oil Wells Gut Fire In Ondo
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News2 days ago
We have succeeded in carrying out 70 open-heart surgeries, renal transplants -OAUTH CMD
News23 hours ago
Why I Built, Donated The Ultra Modern Central Mosque Extension To Osogbo Community- Omidiran
News5 days ago
Osun To Recruit 2000 Food Vendors To Feed School Pupils
News4 days ago
Breaking: Tension In Gombe Over Death Of 11 At Easter Rally