By Vivian Ibobo, Lagos
An Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Friday ordered a 56-year-old man, Akinbomi Ademola, to be remanded in prison for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Olufunke Sule-Amzat, also ordered that the defendant be remanded in Kirikiri Prisons, Lagos, pending advice from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions.
Sule-Amzat, who did not take the plea of the defendant, adjourned the case until Nov. 14 for mention.
The defendant, whose house address is not provided, was arraigned on a charge of alleged rape.
The Prosecutor, ASP. Benson Emuerhi, said that the defendant committed the offence on Sept. 29, at his residence.
Emuerhi further told the court that at about 11.a.m, the defendant sexual intercourse with the 14-year-old-girl without her consent.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, and punishable with life imprisonment on conviction. (NAN)
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Outrage As FG Links Igboho With Boko Haram
- Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
- TOP Demands Apology From Oyetola, Police Over Reputational Damage Suffered On Dismissed Case
- Federal Lawmaker, Ayeni Empowers Constituents In Osun (Photos)
- 2023: Eze Ndigbo Urges Tinubu, Others To Sacrifice Their Ambition In The Interest Of Peace
News5 days ago
Apologize To The Founding Fathers Of UNIOSUN Now, Ex-Students Tell Outgoing VC
News3 days ago
Open Disrespect To Oluwo: Iwo Chief Blasts K1, Calls For Withdrawal Of His Traditional Title
News4 days ago
‘Somebody’s Son Can Not Find You With That Video’ – Nigerians Mock Tiwa Savage Over Leaked Sex Tape
News4 days ago
FBI, South Africa Arrest Nigerian Scammers In Cape Town, Founder Of Black Axe Nabbed