By Vivian Ibobo, Lagos
An Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Friday ordered a 56-year-old man, Akinbomi Ademola, to be remanded in prison for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Olufunke Sule-Amzat, also ordered that the defendant be remanded in Kirikiri Prisons, Lagos, pending advice from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions.
Sule-Amzat, who did not take the plea of the defendant, adjourned the case until Nov. 14 for mention.
The defendant, whose house address is not provided, was arraigned on a charge of alleged rape.
The Prosecutor, ASP. Benson Emuerhi, said that the defendant committed the offence on Sept. 29, at his residence.
Emuerhi further told the court that at about 11.a.m, the defendant sexual intercourse with the 14-year-old-girl without her consent.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, and punishable with life imprisonment on conviction. (NAN)
- Horror! Ritualist Murders Ex-girlfriend, Sells Her Body Parts For N90,000 (Photos)
- Breaking: Police Arrests Duncan Mighty
- Onnoghen Barred From Travelling, His Passport Seized ..Security Agents Accost Ex-cjn, Wife, Daughter At Abuja Airport
- YESSO: Osun Disburses Over N2b To Indigent Citizens To Tackle Unemployment
- Osun Council Boss Gives Back To Widows, Aged People….. Distributes Cloths, Foodstuffs, Cash
News4 days ago
Abba Kyari’s Query That Sacked Fowler
Crime5 days ago
Policeman Who Gun Down Truck Driver ‘Because Of N50 Bribe’ In Ondo Remanded In Prison
News3 days ago
How Mamman Daura Gave Presidential Directive Without My Husband’s Knowledge — Aisha Buhari
News5 days ago
Ondo Discovers 51 Ghost Workers On Payroll