The Ondo State police command has revealed that some suspects have been arrested in connection to the killing of Mrs Funke Olakunrin, daughter of the Afenifere leader, Reuben Fasoranti.
Spokesman to the Ondo State police command, Mr Femi Joseph, confirmed this development to newsmen on Monday.
According to Joseph, the suspects were arrested when a team of security operatives stormed the forests in the area near Ore in Ondo State.
However, he did not reveal the identities of those arrested. He said investigations were still ongoing while suspects would be paraded as soon as possible.
Funke Olakurin was shot dead in Ore, Ondo state, by gunmen on Friday.
The 58-year-old woman was heading to Ore junction from Akure, Ondo state, when she was attacked.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars