The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibadan Zonal Office, has freed 13 of the 94 suspected Internet fraudsters arrested in Osogbo, Osun State, on Monday.
It was earlier reported that about 94 suspects were arrested on Sunday night after operatives of the agency raided night clubs in Osogbo and Iwo towns in the state.
During the raid, 19 exotic cars and over 100 phones were recovered from the suspects.
However, after preliminary investigation was conducted, the 13 persons were released.
While speaking with Channels Television, Deputy Chief Detective Superintendent of the EFCC in the state, Mr Bright Igeleke, said the latest arrests was an indication of the resolve of the commission to rid the country of economic and financial crimes.
He also confirmed that about 152 convictions had been made on Internet fraud and related offences.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
- LASG Disbands MOT Enforcement Team
- Rural-Urban Migration: Oyo CSDA, ALGON Collaborate on Community Projects Sustenance
- Sat Guru Maharaj jI Denies Allegation Of Cooking With Human Blood
- Oyo Deputy Governor, Bayo Lawal To Act As Governor For 23 Days
News5 days ago
Adegboyega emerges Osun Chairman Of Allied People’s Movement
News4 days ago
Ede Killings: Osun Lawmaker Debunks Alleged Involvement In The Crisis
Opinion4 days ago
Open Letter To The People Of Osun By Kunle Oyatomi
Crime2 days ago
Just In: Court Remands Osun Popular Thug, Rasidi Oko-Ilu Over Alleged Murder, Arson