The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Wednesday arraigned Abdullahi Babalele , said to be a son -in – law of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar , for allegedly laundering $ 140 , 000 in the build- up to the 2019 general elections .
Also , Uyiekpen Osagie- Giwa, said to be Atiku’ s lawyer , was separately arraigned for allegedly laundering $ 2 m , in connection with the polls .
Atiku contested against President Muhammadu Buhari on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party .
Both Babalele and Osagie – Giwa were arraigned before the Federal High Court in Lagos .
They pleaded not guilty to the charges .
Justice Nicholas Oweibo adjourned till Thursday to take their bail applications .
The judge ordered that they be returned to the EFCC custody .
- Just In: Osun Relaxes Covid-19 Lockdown For The Next 14 Days, Curfew Now 9pm To 5am
- Coronavirus: We ‘ve Done So Much To Flatten Curve Of Pandemic ~ Says Osun Govt
- Osun PDP Unifies As Major Ogunbiyi Stakeholders Join Adeleke
- RUGIPO Clears Air On Alleged High Handedness On Institution’s Governing Council Chair
- Edo 2020: Direct Primaries Not The Best Amid Covid-19, Journalist Warns Buhari, APC Leaders