The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Wednesday arraigned Abdullahi Babalele , said to be a son -in – law of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar , for allegedly laundering $ 140 , 000 in the build- up to the 2019 general elections .
Also , Uyiekpen Osagie- Giwa, said to be Atiku’ s lawyer , was separately arraigned for allegedly laundering $ 2 m , in connection with the polls .
Atiku contested against President Muhammadu Buhari on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party .
Both Babalele and Osagie – Giwa were arraigned before the Federal High Court in Lagos .
They pleaded not guilty to the charges .
Justice Nicholas Oweibo adjourned till Thursday to take their bail applications .
The judge ordered that they be returned to the EFCC custody .
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life