A Minna Magistrates’ Court on Friday ordered that five applicants, who allegedly attacked a businesswoman and stole her IPhone X, valued at N350,000 be remanded in correctional facility, to enable the police complete investigations into the matter.
The police charged Mansur Abubakar, Nura Ibrahim, Mohammed Ndagiman, Kamal Aminu and Mohammed Umar with criminal conspiracy, trespass, force and assault, causing hurt, defamation of character, possession of dangerous weapons and theft.
Magistrate Murtala Ibrahim, who gave the order, adjourned the matter until Sept. 27 for trial.
Earlier, the Police Counsel, Cpl. Aliyu Malami, told the court that the accused persons broke into the house of the complainant, Hajiya Aisha Mohammed at Bosso, Minna with a cutlass which they used to attack and injure her.
Malami alleged that the defendants also called the complainant and her sister prostitutes.
He said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 97, 348, 265, 264, 392, 103 and 288 of the Penal CodeLlaw.
When the charges were read to them, they all pleaded not guilty.
- Just In: Osun Relaxes Covid-19 Lockdown For The Next 14 Days, Curfew Now 9pm To 5am
- Coronavirus: We ‘ve Done So Much To Flatten Curve Of Pandemic ~ Says Osun Govt
- Osun PDP Unifies As Major Ogunbiyi Stakeholders Join Adeleke
- RUGIPO Clears Air On Alleged High Handedness On Institution’s Governing Council Chair
- Edo 2020: Direct Primaries Not The Best Amid Covid-19, Journalist Warns Buhari, APC Leaders