An Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State on Friday remanded one 31-year-old Godspower Johnson accused of beating his wife to death during a fight over sex.
Chief Magistrate O.O. Olatunji ordered that Godspower should be kept at the Ikoyi Prison, Lagos, for the next 30 days pending advice from the state Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) on the case.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Insp. Oladele Adebayo told the court that the defendant committed the offence on March 21, at 5.30p.m., at No. 28, Adekoye St., Igbo-Elerin, Ishashi.
He alleged that Johnson beat his wife, Deborah, aged 31, to death during a fight.
“The defendant wanted to make love to his wife, he inserted his two fingers into her private part which didn’t go down well with the deceased. A fight ensued leading the defendant to beat up his wife,” he said.
The prosecutor said that murder contravened the provisions of Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Newsmen reports that Section 223 stipulates the death sentence for the offence.
Olatunji adjourned the case till June 7 for mention.
- Youth Investment, A Huge Step To Actualize The Nigerian Project – Sunday Dare
- Breaking: 30 ‘Missing’ INEC Staff Found
- KogiDecides: Dino Melaye’s Nephew Allegedly Shot At Pu Yesterday, Dies Sunday Morning
- Kogi Decides 2019: Live Results From Collation Centres
- Bayelsa Decides: Observer Group Calls On INEC To Reject Results From Nembe, Brass, Southern Ijaw
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
Leadership Training for Northern Baptist Youths Begins Tomorrow
News4 days ago
Osun REC: Politician Threatens To Sue Impersonators
News3 days ago
Oyetola Presents N119.5bn 2020 Budget To Assembly, Vows To Complete Ongoing Projects
News1 day ago
Bayelsa Poll: Thugs Kill Inspector, 15 On Danger List