The Osun State police command on Saturday revealed how it rescued one Bewaji Oladipo, who was allegedly kidnapped in Lagos.
A statement by the command’s spokesperson, Folashade Odoro, said that the victim was rescued at about 6:45 p.m., on Friday, by the state police “Puff Adder” operatives, during a stop-and-search operation along Osogbo-Ilorin expressway.
She said the victim was kidnapped when he went to withdraw cash from an ATM point within his vicinity at Command Area Iyana-Ipaja Lagos, by suspected four-man kidnapping gang, two of them dressed in military camouflage.
The command said the kidnappers fled when their vehicle was stopped by the police team and their victim was rescued from the abandoned vehicle.
It said efforts were, however, being intensified to arrest the fleeing culprits, adding that the victim had been reunited with his family.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Independence: IBEDC Congratulates Nigerians, Pledges Commitment To Development
- Get Affordable Luxury Home At SQUARE By Lagoon Court, See How To Apply
- Omokri Explains N122m Refund By PDP NWC Members, Accuses Tinubu’s Camp
- PDP Reacts To Alleged Bribery Allegation, As NWC Members Return Money
- LAWMA: Day-old Baby Found In Ikoyi Dustbin
Entertainment4 days ago
Popular Nigerian Nollywood Actress Under Fire For Sharing Sex Toys At Mother’s Remembrance
News4 days ago
Just In: Deposed Monarch Regains Throne
News2 days ago
Nigerian Man Deported For Killing Parrot A Month After Relocating To Canada
News5 days ago
Osun MAOS Gets Acting Executives