By Grace Adeyemo & Damilola Olawuyi Osogbo
For the fourth time, a 77-year-old physically impaired man, Kareem Adebayo was arraigned before an Osogbo Magistrate’s Court in Osun State on Wednesday for allegedly being in possession of Indian hemp and selling it.
The septuagenarian was dragged before the Magistrate’s Court by the Police on two count charge.
Adebayo, who according to information had been arrested for the similar offence for more than three times started trembling after his charge was read to him.
Police Prosecutor, Rachael Idowu told the court that the accused nabbed on November 5, at Odofin Compound in Okuku, Odo-Otin Local Government Area of Osun State, at about 8:30 pm with a kilo of cannabis sativa.
She said the suspect had committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 430 and 249(d) of the Criminal Code Cap 38 of Law of Osun State, 2003.
But, the accused person who had no legal representation pleaded not guilty to the allegations slammed against him.
The presiding Magistrate, Risikat Olayemi ordered that the accused be released on bail by the Police.
Olayemi also ordered that the blind man’s case be transfered Okuku Magistrate’s Court for mention on November 14, 2019.
- Breaking: Bayelsa Assembly Speaker, Bubuo-Obolo Steps Down For Deputy, Abraham
- Oranmiyan Worldwide Felicitates With Alimi Over Appointment As Aide To Reps Speaker
- Osun Ex-Commissioner, Alimi Appointed Senior Legislative Aide To Speaker House Of Reps
- Philanthropist, Hart-Egbunike Renovates Hospital, Donates Medical Equipment
- Court Discharges Suspects Arrested With INEC Kits During Gov Election In Osun
News23 hours ago
N-power Removes Double Salary Earners, See Those Affected
News5 days ago
Fani-Kayode Calls For Dethronement Of Oluwo For Allegedly Assaulting A Monarch
News5 days ago
Can Any Monarch Try Such With Ooni Or Alaafin?: Oluwo Reacts To Alleged Assault On A Monarch, Says He Defended Himself
News2 days ago
Breaking: Alleged Assault On Agbowu; Residents Storm Gov Office, Call For Oluwo’s Suspension