THE Federal High Court in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Thursday sentenced a man, Ahmed Oladimeji, to four years imprisonment for sending pornographic and indecent pictures via a computer.
Justice Ibrahim Watilat convicted Oladimeji on a one-count amended charge bordering on the offence, following a plea bargain deal with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
The offence is contrary to Section 24 (1)(a) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015, and punishable under Section 24(1)(b) of the Act.
Apart from the four months jail term, the convict was also ordered to restititue sums in foreign currency to victims of his fraudulent acts.
The court equally ordered the forfeiture of all items recovered from him during investigation to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
These include one Toshiba Laptop, one IPhone 6 and one Tecno KA phone.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead
News2 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today