THE Federal High Court in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Thursday sentenced a man, Ahmed Oladimeji, to four years imprisonment for sending pornographic and indecent pictures via a computer.
Justice Ibrahim Watilat convicted Oladimeji on a one-count amended charge bordering on the offence, following a plea bargain deal with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
The offence is contrary to Section 24 (1)(a) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015, and punishable under Section 24(1)(b) of the Act.
Apart from the four months jail term, the convict was also ordered to restititue sums in foreign currency to victims of his fraudulent acts.
The court equally ordered the forfeiture of all items recovered from him during investigation to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
These include one Toshiba Laptop, one IPhone 6 and one Tecno KA phone.
- Popular Osogbo Islamic Institute Celebrates 40th Anniversary
- Osun:Parliamentarian Owoade Distributes Books, Writing Materials To Students
- Osun Assembly Whip Celebrates Outstanding Young Talents
- Ooni To Install Sir Adebutu , Baba Ijebu As New Odole Oodua
- Ondo Police Begin Investigation Into Alleged Fetish Practices In Akure Church
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News2 days ago
Chief Bisi Akande’s Son, Femi, KLM, Badmus, Others Lead Oyetola’s Commissioner Designates
News1 day ago
AGF Coordinator Makes Plateau State Gov’s Commissioner List, Group Praises Lalong
News1 day ago
Disquiet In Presidency Over Vice President Osinbajo
News3 days ago
Breaking: Onigbinde Bows To Pressure, Resigns As Technical Adviser In Budget Ministry