THE Federal High Court in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Thursday sentenced a man, Ahmed Oladimeji, to four years imprisonment for sending pornographic and indecent pictures via a computer.
Justice Ibrahim Watilat convicted Oladimeji on a one-count amended charge bordering on the offence, following a plea bargain deal with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
The offence is contrary to Section 24 (1)(a) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015, and punishable under Section 24(1)(b) of the Act.
Apart from the four months jail term, the convict was also ordered to restititue sums in foreign currency to victims of his fraudulent acts.
The court equally ordered the forfeiture of all items recovered from him during investigation to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
These include one Toshiba Laptop, one IPhone 6 and one Tecno KA phone.
- Youth Investment, A Huge Step To Actualize The Nigerian Project – Sunday Dare
- Breaking: 30 ‘Missing’ INEC Staff Found
- KogiDecides: Dino Melaye’s Nephew Allegedly Shot At Pu Yesterday, Dies Sunday Morning
- Kogi Decides 2019: Live Results From Collation Centres
- Bayelsa Decides: Observer Group Calls On INEC To Reject Results From Nembe, Brass, Southern Ijaw
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
Leadership Training for Northern Baptist Youths Begins Tomorrow
News4 days ago
Osun REC: Politician Threatens To Sue Impersonators
News3 days ago
Oyetola Presents N119.5bn 2020 Budget To Assembly, Vows To Complete Ongoing Projects
News2 days ago
Bayelsa Poll: Thugs Kill Inspector, 15 On Danger List