By Quadri Ajao
The Osun State police on Wednesday arraigned a 24-year-old man ,AbdulAzeez Abubakar before a magistrates’ court sitting in Osogbo ,the Osun State capital ,for allegedly stealing a sum of three hundred thousand naira.
The money was said to belong to one Mohammed Ado.
The police prosecutor ,Inspector Elisha Oluwasegun told the court that the accused person and other committed the offence on the 12th of October 2017 at about 2pm hours , at Ogo Oluwa area Osogbo .
Oluwasegun said the accused by his action has committed an offence contrary to section 383 and punishable under section 390(9) of the criminal code cap 34 vol .II laws of Osun state of Nigeria 2002.
The accused person ,who was not represented by any counsel ,however pleaded not guilty of a one count charge levelled against him.
The Magistrate ,Mrs A.O Ajanaku thereafter granted the accused person bail in the sum of #100,000 with one surety, who is responsible and that can provide 3 years tax clearance and 3 passport photographs for verification.
The case was later adjourned till October 31 for hearing.
- Yoruba Monarch Commends Nigerian Army Over Fight Against Insurgents, Armed Banditry
- 19-Year-Old Boy Jailed In Osun For Stealing
- Ilerioluwa Development Initiative Boosts Agriculture In Osun, Distributes Cheques To Women In Agriculture
- Oyintiloye Football Club FC Emerges Third Best Football Club In Osun
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News5 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News4 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News3 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured